Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive, told that egg is not rupturing and given proticare, estobuild and fertik. Suggest?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5970 Questions
i am 25 year old m married just 6 month ago. I M trying to coneive but i am not geting any possitive doctor told me in my overies egg is not repture to right time and folices size also 12 mm but size should be 18 mm. Just becoze my body hormones are not balance. she suggest me to take tablets like cap proticare, estobuild, belong fertik, cor-3 and okamet. So tell me doctor these tablet gonna help me to increze my overies follicles size and egg size plz suggest me.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
I think your doctor has suspected that you have PCOS ( polycystic ovarian disease ).
The medications you mentioned include Metformin, which is generally given to patients with PCOS.
This is a basic hormonal imbalance, and due to this multiple small cysts are formed in the ovaries, instead of one mature egg each month.
Women generally have irregular cycles, and difficulty in ovulation.
You should have the following investigations to confirm the diagnosis -
Baseline transvaginal pelvic ultrasound on day 2 of cycle
Day 2 FSH and LH
Oral glucose tolerance test
Serum free testosterone and DHEAS
Fasting serum insulin levels
If any or all of these are done, please upload the reports on this page.
If not, please get them done.
Metformin helps in regulating the condition.
Other medications are supportive vitamins.
Since you are 25 years of age, try to conceive naturally for another 3 -4 months , while using these medications.
Also, if you are overweight, make sure you lose weight, as that will also help to improve the symptoms of PCOS.
If you fail to conceive after another 3 - 4 months, consult a good Infertility Specialist in your city.
Please undergo one cycle of follicular monitoring ( serial ultrasound done throughout the month to observe development of egg follicles ).
If anovulation is observed, then you can start 2 - 3 cycles of ovarian stimulation with medicines like Clomiphene citrate.
Before going for ovarian stimulation, you should get your husband's semen analysis done, and also consider testing whether your fallopian tubes are open ( via HSG or laparoscopy )
This is often given to women with PCOS to help achieve ovulation.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive, told that egg is not rupturing and given proticare, estobuild and fertik. Suggest? 19 hours later
Thanks a lot
dr XXXXXXX giving me such a wonderful answer..i really thankful to u. But i want ask few more question what is the mean of pcos can u tell me in brif ely and how its effect to conceive a baby..and the test u mention its done but my doctor hve all these i can.not upload& and my husband also done.semen test doctor told him he hve littlebit infection he took medican f or that now he fine.and mu.weight is 50 kg and doctor told me my follain tubes are open.also she test alredy

can.u suggest me how my egg wil healthy apart from medican ???any eatble thng so i can try in my home ??
how can i balance my hoemones ??

And now doctor told me i hve to contact with her 3 day of my my monthly period she will test someting abt egg. ...Do u know XXXXXXX mam why she invite me on 3 day of my period???
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation and patience !
I will try to explain to you in more detail.
PCOS means polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Due to underlying hormonal imbalance ( no known cause identified till now ) - the reproductive hormones are disturbed.
The ovary gets studded with multiple small follicles, and none of them succeed in forming a mature egg leading to ovulation.
Associated with that, there are irregularites in periods, leading to delayed cyles, with very less flow.
Also, women experience acne, hirsutism ( increased hair growth on chin, lips, tummy , legs , back etc ), darkish pigmentation of skin, tendency to develop early onset diabetes etc.
As the hormonal tests , semen analysis and fallopian tubes tests are done, now your doctor would be calling you on day 3 of your cycle to study the ovulation - this is called follicular monitoring.
As I mentioned the growth and development of the ovarian follicle will be tracked by doing ultrasound every alternate day or once in 2 - 3 days to check if ovulation is occurring normally or not.
If a problem is seen there, you would be prescribed medication like Clomiphene citrate which will induce ovulation.
Apart from medication, daily exercise and eating healthy will help to control PCOS.
YOur weight seems fine, but you have not mentioned your height, so I cannot comment whether your BMI is normal or out of range.
PCOS has no specific cure, but do not despair, as majority of women with PCOS achieve successful pregnancy, and symptoms can be controlled to a great extent with medications and a healthy lifestyle.
ALso take regular folic acid tablets as you are trying to conceive.
All the best, XXXXX.
Feel free to discuss anytime at length further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive, told that egg is not rupturing and given proticare, estobuild and fertik. Suggest? 44 minutes later
Mam my height 4.9 and before talking medican my weight was 51 and now weight is 51 kg and i have fat on my tummy

Why my doctor told me take regulrly okamet 500 and t-cor after my evryday lunch ?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Your BMI is in normal range, so do not worry.
The medications have unpleasant side effects like nausea, dizziness, and are best taken on a full stomach, after a meal.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor