Is Spironolactone effective at treating hirsutism?
Spironolactone can be very helpful for you.
I have gone through your question.
Hair growing in places where it normally does just for men, like your upper lip or under the chin is a sign of a condition called hirsutism.
It's often caused by genes, hormones, or medication.
Many times, the condition is linked to high levels of male hormones (called androgens).
High levels of male hormones and hirsutism are common in women who have Polycystic ovary syndrome, when you have high levels of the stress hormone cortisol for long periods of time or when you take certain medication like minoxidil or anabolic steroids.
Spironolactone is an Anti-androgen blocker, it helps your body make and use fewer male hormones, so you should grow less hair over time.
This drug is very effective for hirsutism.So, don't hesitate to take it.
On the other side, Vaniqa cream can slow hair growth where you generally apply it.
Don't hesitate to use this cream!
Unfortunately, prescriptions cannot be provided online, sorry for the inconvenience, you may need to get them from your local physician.
I'd also suggest that Weight loss may be very beneficial. If you drop even a few pounds, your body would make fewer male hormones, so as a result, you'd tend to grow less hair on your face.
Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spironolactone 50 mg for hirsutism
- Krimson 35 effect on hirsutism
- How are pcos and hirsutism treated
- Side effects of birth control pills to treat hirsutism benefits
- Red wine effect on hirsutism
- Suffering from macular amyloidosis and hirsutism is laser treatment effective
- Turmeric use as effective treatment for hirsutism
- Causes of hirsutism treated successfully with homeopathy
- Will vaniqa treat hirsutism?
- Omega 3 fatty acids in treating hirsutism
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and cough
- How to transform from a male to a female?
- What causes nausea, headache and low basal body temperature?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss while treating hypothyroidism
- Does intake of Omeprazole have an effect on Insulin secretion?
- Suggest treatment for water retention and edema
- Does Metformin interact with Glipizide?
- Is honey a good substitute for sugar while having diabetes?
- Is TPO antibody level of 1,189 a cause for concern?