Suggest treatment for viral fever with rash

Posted on Tue, 8 Apr 2014 in Child Health
Question: hello doc my 15 months son karnav suddenly got feverr with red bumps in chest. its change in weather here and living in dense population. I gave 10 ml IBU c. ibuprofen and paracetamol suspensions . please suggest if I need to rush in emergency as no doc available due to holi. any thing else required then pls guide
Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to rush Add calamine lotion and antihist Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. From your history and attached image , it looks like your son has a viral fever with rash. It could be allergic response to food also. I would suggest you to continue your current medication . Add calamine lotion for skin twice daily. I usually prescribe antihistamines like cetrizine syrup 2 ml twice a day for such patients in my clinic. If rash and fever increase for next 2 to 3 days, you may to take your son to the doctor. Ensure you give him enough liquids to drink to keep him hydrated. Wishing your son speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Arun 15 hours later
baby temperature raised to 104 do I need to rush emergency
Answered by Dr. Arun 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Try paracetamol and ibuprofen Detailed Answer: You can try giving paracetamol every 4 hours and ibuprofen every 8 hours. Sponge the whole body with water cloth, water should not be cold or hot. If fever persists consult your doctor. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Arun 2 days later
thanks doc now when fever is controlled I m in other trouble. he become very week and slow. eyes look sleepy and can see light dark circle. I'm very worried. do we need blood test.
Answered by Dr. Arun 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get complete blood count Detailed Answer: If your child is becoming dull , it's better to get complete blood count. I would also recommend Dengue and malaria tests as they too need to be ruled out . Ensure you continue giving him plenty of liquids. Regards
Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology