Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for scabies

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7450 Questions
My son is having a terrible time with mites. He can't seem to get rid of the crawling feeling, itches all the time, between his fingers, toes and by his private areas are the worst. He can scrap little white (eggs) things off his head.
What can we do to help him?
Yes he has been to different drs. One kicked him out of his office because he had bugs.
Another wrote it off as Meft mites
Whatever they keep coming back and he gets very upset.
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for mites- scabies

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).
I have noted your concern.
Perhaps he has scabies which is caused by Sarcoptes Scabiei - an itch mite.
It usually affects the finger webs, genitalia and causes itch, particularly nocturnal itch.
I suggest a single, overnight, whole body application of 5% permethrin cream/ lotion, neck downwards, with particular attention to finger web spaces, genital area and under finger nails. Another option is to treat with oral Ivermectin (dose depending on body weight).
He may also take a tab of an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor