Suggest treatment for scabies
What can we do to help him?
Yes he has been to different drs. One kicked him out of his office because he had bugs.
Another wrote it off as Meft mites
Whatever they keep coming back and he gets very upset.
Remedy for mites- scabies
Perhaps he has scabies which is caused by Sarcoptes Scabiei - an itch mite. It usually affects the finger webs, genitalia and causes itch, particularly nocturnal itch.
I suggest a single, overnight, whole body application of 5% permethrin cream/ lotion, neck downwards, with particular attention to finger web spaces, genital area and under finger nails.
Another option is to treat with oral Ivermectin (dose depending on body weight).
He may also take a tab of an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Kakkar S.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body