What causes light sensitivity and redness in the eyes upon waking up?
Kack pf proper lubrication.
The most common reason for blurry defective vision after waking which get better in few minutes is lack of proper lubrication of eye while sleeping.Tears are lubricant of eye.
Second common cause would be eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis presenting with symptoms like itching, burning, watering, and redness of the eyes.
Eye drop Tear sol(Hydroxy methyl cellulose) 2 droprs thrice a day.
Tab Cetrizine 5 mg once daily(anti allergic)
Follow up in 5 days!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red eye and headaches
- What makes the eye sensitive to light and cause irritation
- What causes severe redness in eyes
- What causes red eyes symptoms
- What causes severe light sensitivity in eyes
- What causes sudden redness in the eye
- What is the cause of a red and swollen eye
- What causes a red blothcy eye
- What is the cause of red patch in eye
- What causes bloodshot red eyes
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?