Suggest treatment for tinea versicolor
Please answer few queries.
I have seen the photos of the lesions.You have patches on chest,axillary area and arm. They seem reddish in color and have mild scaling. Still, i would like to ask few questions.
1) from how many days you have these lesions?
2) do you have itching,pain or burning?
3) do you have any other complaints like fever,joint pain or other?
4) did you have same disease or other disease in past?
5) is there family history of similar or other disease?
6) what work you do?
7) do you take any medicine for this or other disease?
8) marital history?
Please answer above disease and post the few other photos with clear view, so that I can come to firm conclusion and I can help you in better ways.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
You seem to have tinea versicolor.
I have read your history and saw the new photos. I came to diagnosis of tinea versicolor also called pityriasis versicolor. You mild scaly reddish to pinkish patches and thete is itching some time. You also gave past history of same disease. Tinea versicolor is a superficial fungal disease caused by yeast called mellassazia furfur. The color in patches may be of different shades thats why the name. You do not worry at all as it is a benign condition. It may be cured by perfect treatment. Only the the thing is that it may relapse. Sometime the causative yeast reside on the scalp and that me cause relapse of disease. So take treatment and precaution to avoid relapse after the cure of disease.
Antifungal like ketoconazole or itraconazole may be taken for about 2 to 3 weeks. Application of antifungal cream like miconazole,clotrimazole or cyclopirox olamine might improve the disease.
Shampoo the scalp with ketoconazole or cyclopirox olamine daily or alternate days for few months. To prevent relapse,take antifungal tab as suggested above for 1 to 3 days every month for few months.
Improve hygiene. Take bath with dettol liquid. Avoid soap during bath. Improve immunity by taking nutritious food and immunoboosters.
I think you may be alright in few weeks to few months. I hope you may be satisfied with my answer. Still, any query ,you are welcome.
Wishing you early recovery.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor
- Treatment of tinea versicolor with betadine
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor immunosuppression
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #immunosuppression
- Tinea versicolor treatment fluconazole
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor #malnutrition
- Treatment and cure for tinea versicolor malnutrition
- Are there any home treatment for tinea versicolor
- Treatment for tinea versicolor
- Diflucan treatment for tinea versicolor