Suggest treatment for intermittent stomach pain and diarrhea

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 12 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had stomach pains on and off for the last 3 months feels like a gall bladder attack however I had mine removed 17 years ago I also have diarrhea after everything I eat doesn't matter what it is cracker banana soup had a ct of the abdomen and an ultrasound Dr says ibs didn't tell me what I should do for it I don't agree with ibs cause isn't ibs diarrhea with intermittent constipation o am never constipated don't really knows what I should be doing but I can't constantly have diarrhea suggestions?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Additional information required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Diagnosis of Irritable bowel syndrome(IBS) is usually established after thorough investigations and clinical examination have failed to reveal any cause for underlying symptoms.

It would be very helpful if you could provide me with following additional information

1. What are all the investigations done so far?

2.. Do you have any weight loss?

3. Have you been diagnosed with any nutritional deficiency?

4. Do you experience pain while passing stools?

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 28 minutes later
blood test about 2 months ago showed elevated eosinophils wbc and alk phos saw GI Dr who really didn't do much pressed on my belly and ordered an ultrasound no weight loss no nutritional deficiency no pain while passing stools occasional mucus in stool forgot to mention the extreme fatigue and in general feel like crap everyday I wake in the morning

here is a copy of the ultrasound report if you don't have an answer just say so
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to liver disease

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Sorry for late reply as was busy in OR.
Thanks for providing me the reports. Fatty change in liver is very non specific finding and is likely to be due to many factors. Following could be the reasons

1. Excessive weight gain

2. Consumption of diet containing predominantly fat

3. Consumption of alcohol especially for long duration

Elevated alkaline phosphatase and fatty liver suggest early liver disease.

Do you consume alcohol ?
What is your weight and height?

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha
Follow up: Dr. T Shobha Deepak 17 minutes later
yes I drink alcohol socially I don't drink everyday so liver disease seems far fetched I play softball all summer long and volleyball all winter long I am overweight but active if that makes sense I am 5'5" & ~185 pounds been the same for at least 1&1/2 years
Brief Answer:
Alcohol and weight could be risk factors

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

Your body mass index is on higher side, along with that history of intake of alcohol is risk factor for fatty liver.

Regular exercise, weight reduction and complete abstinence from alcohol will be helpful.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha