Suggest treatment for acid reflux and swollen tongues
Practice yoga and meditation.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Acid reflux could give you a sensation of having a swollen tongue. However, going by the description I am quite sure that you are freaked out. If I had a patient like you, I would perhaps asked her to take Prodep (Fluoxetine) 20 mg once daily for at least one and a half months (takes time to start acting). It helps in reducing both the anxiety as well as the acid reflux.
I would insist you to get a gynecological consultation done for the PCOS. Usually low dose estrogen+progesterone combination is advised. I would not insist you to self-medicate.
Stress and anxiety is the primary cause.
Thanks for writing back. Lexapro (escitalopram) belongs to the same category as Prodep although I feel the latter works better. You would need to discuss with your treating physician/psychiatrist if that is suitable for you.
I understand that you take omeprazole for reflux. But that does not mean that your reflux has subsided completely. Stress and anxiety is the primary trigger of acid secretion and reflux. Unless you can make it go, merely taking omeprazole will not help.
Nothing to be freaked out about.
It is about how you place your tongue, how you move it, and so on.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and stomach digestion problems
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and heartburn
- Acid reflux cough treatment
- Immediate treatment for acid reflux
- Natural treatment for acid reflux
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux attacks
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux and vomiting
- Acid reflux treatment
- Suggest treatment for acid reflux
- Bile acid reflux treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation