What are the signs and symptoms of diabetes?
thus we had doubt if she develop Type 2 diabetes, when checked today post lunch her sugar level was 155.
Her mother having type 2 diabetes since 5 years and taking insulin, even my wife's parents also diabetic.pls suggest is it sysmptom of type 2 diabetes.
What to do for chancy, as small children eat icecram, chocolates often even I gave her very less, don't know what i'll do, I'm too much afraid as wife taking insulin and if daughter will be of same category.
Need further evaluation.
Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.
Yes refractory error may be due hyperglycemia but usually in that case blood sugar levels are quite high above 250.
Also Type 2 diabetes (which has familial predisposition) in this age group is relatively rare.
I may suggest to consult her Pediatrician or diabetologist.
She needs detailed physical examination including obesity screening, signs of insulin resistance.
Depending upon it following evaluation may be suggested -
- Fasting and Postprandial blood sugar levels or OGTT (Oreal Glucose Tolerance Test).
Hope this helps you,
Dr Abhay Mali.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is sleepiness a symptom of diabetic
- Symptoms of diabetes in men
- Symptoms of diabetes during pregnancy
- Signs and symptoms of diabetes in a 2yr old
- Causes and symptoms of diabetes
- Is farting symptom of diabetes
- Diabetes symptoms pre diabetes
- Symptoms of diabetes in women
- What are the symptoms of diabetic hypoglycemia?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- How long does gestational diabetes take to resolve?
- What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
- What causes weakness all over body and numbness on left side of chest?
- What does the following microalbumin report indicate?
- What does high fluctuation in blood sugar levels indicate?
- Is there any scope for further improvement in vision of a diabetic patient?
- Can oral anti-diabetic medicine be taken after LVAD implantation?
- Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes abdominal pain, spasms and frequent sticky stool?