Suggest remedy for sudden fatigue and joint pain in a person with severe anxiety

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Hi, I’m a 35,Caucasian woman, who has suffered from Bulimia (recovered 3 years). I suffer from anxiety and depression. I take daily meds: 20 mg Prozac, 50 mg topamax , 15 mg of proprananol & .05 mg of ativan as needed.
I have had sudden fatigue and joint pain. Especially in my hands/wrists and feet/ankles. I was sent to the Orthopedist who explained to me I was aging.
I called my Internist back because I know there is something wrong with my body. She ordered test s and I received them back but she is on vacation for 2 weeks. Can you give me some insight on my results below?/attached

I am very frustrated and nervous about my health, I would be extremely grateful for any help!

One additional piece of info, about 4 months I suddenly started getting severe facial flushing. I saw a dermatologist who said it could be rosacea and prescribed Mirvaso cream, which helped a little. To help further my internist gave me a beta blocker to help. Before being prescribed the beta blocker my bp was around 110/70 and is now 99/69 but my flushing is much better.
Results
Test D Test Result H/L Range Note
Laboratory test finding -C-Reactive Protein Not Yet Available
Laboratory test finding- Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy,Total,Immunoassay Not Yet Available
Laboratory test finding -Rheumatoid Factor Not Yet Available
Ana Choice (TM) SCR W/RFX To Titer Ifa- Not Yet Available

Comprehensive Metabolic
Sodium 136 mmol/L 134-149
Potassium 3.7 mmol/L 3.6-5.5
Chloride 102 mEq/L 94-112
Carbon Dioxide 24 mEq/L 21-32
Glucose 111 mg/dL 70-118
BUN 9 mg/dL Low 10-26
Creatinine 0.7 mg/dL 0.6-1.4
BUN/Creat Ratio 12.9 CALC
Calcium 8.9 mg/dL 8.5-10.5
Total Protein 6.4 g/dL 6.3-8.1
Albumin 4.5 g/dL 3.8-5.5
Globulin 1.9 g/dL
A/G Ratio 2.4 CALC
Alk. Phosphatase 66 U/L 42-128
Alt (SGPT) 101 U/L High 10-40 2
Ast (Sgot) 75 U/L High 9-44 3
Total Bilirubin 0.9 mg/dL 0.2-1.3
GFR Non-African XXXXXXX >60 ml/min/1.73m^ >=60
GFR XXXXXXX XXXXXXX >60 ml/min/1.73m^ >=60
Lipid Profile 10/16/2015 Cholesterol 179 mg/dL 140-200
Triglycerides 121 mg/dL 30-150
HDL Cholesterol 56 mg/dL 35-85
LDL (Calculated) 99 CALC
HDL Risk Factor 3.2 CALC

Complete Blood Count
WBC 8.8 x10^3/UL 4.1-10.9
RBC 4.29 x10^6/UL 4.20-6.30
HGB 14.6 g/dL 12.0-18.0
HCT 43.4 % 37.0-51.0
MCV 101.0 fL High 80.0-97.0
MCH 34.1 pg 26.0-36.0
MCHC 33.8 g/dL 32.0-37.0
RDW 13.3 % 11.5-14.5
PLT 234 x10^3/UL 130-400
MPV 9.3 FL 7.0-11.0
Gran # 6.2 x10^3/UL 2.0-7.8
Lymph# 2.1 x10^3/UL 0.0-6.0
Mono# 0.5 x10^3/UL 0.1-0.6
Gran % 70.1 % 40.0-80.0
Lymph % 24.4 % 13.0-47.0
Mono% 5.5 % 0.0-10.0
Laboratory test finding 10/16/2015 Esr 9 mm/hr 0-20
TSH 0.770 mIU/mL 0.250-5.000
1 RESULTS VERIFIED BY REPEAT ANALYSIS
2 RESULTS VERIFIED BY REPEAT ANALYSIS
3 RESULTS VERIFIED BY REPEAT ANALYSIS
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no abnormality with your tests

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I have reviewed your blood reports and glad to inform you that it is completely normal and there is nothing serious as per reports. There are SGOT and SGPT (liver enzymes) are beyond the lab reference limits but they are still considered normal.

There is one abnormality I detected, which is increased size of red blood cells. Most commonly it is caused by deficiency of either folic acid or vitamin B12. To confirm particular deficiency there is need to go for estimation of serum concentration of both vitamins. This is not a serious kind of problem and it can be corrected with supplementation of either folic acid or vitamin B12 or combination.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Great, Thank you! I did recently switch to a vegetarian diet.

I should say that I went back to a vegan diet. Could this deficiency be causing my fatigue and joint pain?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

The deficiency is not enough to cause any symptoms as you have perfectly normal hemoglobin. This is early sign of deficiency but not enough to cause any symptoms.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T