Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
When he was 10 months old he had accute respiratory infection and got hospitalized for 5 days .and treated with iv antibiotics.
When he was 2 years old he had loosemotion and vomiting and again he got admitted in hospital for 5 days.
In last December he got pneumonia and hospitalised for 3 days.
In last month he had high fever(105°c) and got hospitalized for 5 days.blood tests were all normal.only ESR value was high(55).Dr prescribed cefdopoxime. When he was OK we left hospital.
He is having allergic problems (sneezing and nasal congestion in the morning). He is taking montair 4 for the last 5 months.6 months back had cough and breathless XXXXXXX That time Dr prescribed montair 4 and cetrizine.He is always have slight temperature on his body especially palm and foot. In the day time his temperature is 99.2(usually less than 100).it is normal in the morning.we are looking temperature in ears.is it normal? Or anything to worry? Need to meet any specialist? He have any serious problem? Have to meet any immunologist to improve his resistance? Please help me Dr?
Looks like viral illness.. Don't worry please
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day.
If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 101F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
Regarding his allergies I have a few questions.
1. How many days per month does he cough or feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does his sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Does he feel breathless when he runs around or plays with other kids?
4. Are the symptoms when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?
6. Is the cough always associated with fever?
Please get back with answers.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
After taking montair 4 he haven't any cough or breathlessness.
My brother is an asthma patient.
I had eczema when I was young.
You need not worry about that temperature
Hi....you need not worry about that temperature.
Coming to your queries -
1. This is normal temperature in a growing child. It is due to basal metabolic rate. You need not consider it as fever unless is more than 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Checking temperature in wars is the best method.
3. No need to meet any specialist.
4. No need for immunologist consultation.
5. It is normal in mornings. Differential temperature us normal in various body parts.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest me remedies for throat infection
- Suggest remedy for frequent uti with swollen and painful clitoris
- Frequent hairloss dandruff since winter suggestion for remedy
- Can you suggest any remedy for frequent urine infection
- Suggest home remedies for severe cough and cold in children
- Frequent vaginal yeast infections overweight remedy
- Suggest remedy for stomach infection in a child
- Suggest remedy for intestinal infection
- Throat infection remedy on children
- Frequent heartburn during evenings please suggest remedies
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?