Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, no fever, no nausea, had gall bladder removed, history of ulcers. Colon perforated during sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I'm a 25 year old male. I'm afraid that I may have perforated my colon during some recent sexual activity with a female partner. It has been over 30 hours since the event, and I'm not currently experiencing any real expected symptoms of the larger problems associated with such a problem. I have some stomach pain, but it is isolated to the upper portion of my stomach and feels closer to "heartburn" than anything else. I do have a history of ulcers and it's hard to tell if I'm abnormally "bloated" or "gassy" because I've had gas issues since having my gall bladder removed in 2007. I have no fever, no nausea, and no issues using the restroom, but I'm still scared because I know how serious/fatal this could be, but going to the ER just because I don't "feel right" isn't really an option since I have no insurance.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have Constipation or Diarrhea?
2.) Do you pass blood in stools?
3.) You have not mentioned what kind of sexual activity you have had with your Female partner?
4.) What is your Height and weight?

Your History suggests nothing serious except your Gastritis and a ulcer issue. Not to worry. Get yourself examined by a General Surgeon to rule out any anal fissure. If it is there your Doctor will treat you accordingly. Your Gas problem may not be related to your recent sexual activity.

Get yourself examined by a Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Once confirmed the treatment will depend upon the cause. Your Doctor may prescribe you Proton Pump Inhibitor group of antacids to alleviate your Symptoms, which you will have to take accordingly.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Always practice safe sex.
2.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation.
3.) Avoid hot spicy foods, eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Exercise regularly for an hour and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Avoid tight fitting fabrics.
6.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism if you do.
7.) Sleep with your head end elevated.
8.) Don't lie down immediately after a meal.
9.) Eat six small meals instead of 3 large meals.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor