Hoe can a rash on the body be treated?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Does this rash look like an std?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send pictures of the affected area.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the rash and any possibility of being Sexually transmitted infection in the same.

As there are no pictures attached with the query so I humbly request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area. For that you have a feature on the right side of the page.

Also kindly give a brief idea of your type of exposure for STD and the time period since the incidence or any other important point worth sharing in order to reach to best possibility.

Hope to hear soon from your side.
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 minutes later
Hey I just added pictures, hope to hear your opinion
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rash not related to any major STD. Relax

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back and thanks for posting the pictures of the affected area.

After analyzing both the pictures with best diligence let me reassure you that rash appears to be related to simple candida infection. It is quite common type of infection which produces such kind of rash or redness over the genital area especially in females. It is not related to any major Sexually transmitted infection. So allay all your anxiety related to any major STD.

In such kind of cases I suggest my patients to apply a plane antifungal cream or gel containing miconazole or ketoconazole or clotrimazole in it. It is quite important to maintain a good hygiene and avoid intercourse for few day to week period. Wear cotton undergarments and change these two times a day.

For any itching or irritation an antihistamine such as loratadine or levocetrizine could be taken for one to two times a day.

I again reassure you for the rash to be not related to any major STD.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases