What causes itchiness and a burning sensation throughout the body?

Jan 2014

71 year old female, hold body is itching and burning feeling.
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Perhaps you have been getting Hives -itchy welts with a surrounding flare.
Food and food preservatives; medications like pain killers, antibiotics etc; infections (viral, bacterial, fungal, dental); alcohol etc. are few common causes.
I suggest you take tab. Cetrizine 10mg or tab . Claritin (loratadine 10mg) once a day for a few days.
Topically you may use a soothing lotion e.g calamine lotion, frequently.