Have itchy red rashes all over body. Medical test normal. Permanent cure?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: Hi,
im 28 years old male, i've been facing itching problem from last 3 months, i thought its happening because i had diagnosis with (FUNCTIONAL DYSPEPSIA ,FUNCTIONAL CONSTIPATION) same 3 months back.. its was related with acidity but the above problems have been solved with medications but itching remain same..
i've been to several doctors so far nobody have had able to diagnosis my problem, i have done my test as suggested by doctor all of them were normal..but all the medications were not able to heal my health.. to get temporarily relief im having one tablet everyday (cetirizine hydrochloride) which keeps whole body in normal and had a feeling of 100% relief, but it will last only for 24 hours.
my symptoms are below
the itching will be through out my whole body
the red rashes
now from past 1 month the situation become worse the itching continuously growing in the inner thigh(private parts areas) like ringworm,..
please doctors help me and give appropriate prescription..

thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in
Itching can be caused by numerous causes like Infections, bites and stings, infestations, chronic diseases, sun exposure, and dry skin. It is best to avoid scratching and itching when possible to avoid worsening of the condition and disruption of the skin that could lead to bacterial infection.

A common cause of itch is psychological, that is, due to stress, anxiety, etc. Stress also can aggravate itch from other causes. Dry skin is another frequent cause of itch. Many people also report sunburn itch following prolonged exposure to UV radiation from the sun. Other causes of itching that may not produce a rash or specific skin changes include metabolic and endocrine disorders, reactions to drugs, and interruptions in bile flow, diseases of the blood. Itching is common with allergic reactions. Itching can also result from insect stings and bites such as from mosquito or flea bites.

Genital itching (private part) occur as a result of genital infections such as sexually transmitted diseases. Other common infectious causes of itching include a fungal infection and ringworm of the body. Allergic reaction to infection with certain parasites of birds and mammals can also cause itching. Scabies is a highly contagious skin condition caused by an infestation by the itch mite.

Itching can also result from conditions that affect the nerves, such as diabetes, herpes zoster, or multiple sclerosis. Irritation of the skin from contact with fabrics, cosmetics, or other substances can lead to itching that may be accompanied by rash. Reactions to drugs or medications can also result in widespread itching that may be accompanied by a rash or hives.

If itching persists with time or worsens, or is associated with skin lesions, consulting a health care professional is advisable. Anti-itch creams and lotions containing camphor, menthol, phenol, pramoxine, diphenhydramine can bring relief. Some cases of itching will respond to corticosteroid medications either applied or taken orally. Feel free to consult your dermatologist and by physical examination he/she can prescribe you the best treatment. Also protection from the factors that aggravates your symptoms is the best method to get treated. If the cause of the disease is know than it is easy to get it treated. So it is best to consult your doctor and take the regular medication and precaution advised by them.

Best Wishes and get well soon.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow up: Dr. Kulbir Singh 42 minutes later
thanks for the reply, i knew all those things whatever you suggested to me its common causes for itching , as i told you earlier doctor could not able to diagnosis my problem,same thing your also saying.. sorry to say you in need medications... not suggestion or any information

if you have any medications to my itching problem reply back
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Sorry for the misunderstanding and the reply of no use. The medication you can use to get rid from your problem are:
1. Tab. Hydil 10 mg once a day
2. Eumosone M cream for local application
3. Abzorb powder

Please consult your doctor before taking these medication. Apply the cream after washing the area properly with antiseptic soap. Try to keep the area dry as much as you can. If you don't mind e-mail me the pictures of the rashes on YYYY@YYYY so that I can give you more effect medications or advice for that.
Hope this will help you.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh