Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have history of PCOS. Having fertility issues. Having chest pain and breathing problems. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I am a 29 year old female. I have a history of pcos, and mthfr which I discovered after having fertility issues. I had a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy/ear tubes twice when I was less than ten years old. Ear tubes due to recurrent fluid in ears and poor hearing. I had a baby via csection in 2011 with a slight case of ITP afterward although I didn't seek medical treatment at the time, because I was told it was an allergic reaction by my OBGYN. I had my second child in 2012 via csection and had ITP so bad that I could barely walk from the pain because it was so bad on my legs, my D-dimer was nearly 6,000 (yes 6,000), and my platelets were quite low along with my iron. I take a daily baby aspirin and have started taking Claritin OTC a week ago. 7 months ago during which time, I was breast feeding my baby she stopped eating well although, I was producing more than enough milk. I became very stressed. Even going to the grocery store an hour away was an 8 hour ordeal with her poor eating habbits and fussiness. After a month of constant screaming baby I started having horrible stomach pain after eating and constipation along with sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, and ears popping everytime I swallow along with tiny, painful "bumps" (not open sores) on the palms of my hands, and I was having problems with hair loss during breast feeding but that stopped after I stopped breast feeding. I was sent to the ER after no BM for 2 weeks when stool softeners and laxatives wouldn't work. My entire colon was compacted. They sent me home and told me to see a gastroenterologist. Seen him. After an endoscopy/colonoscopy he said I had gastritis in my stomach and prescribed a Pepcid 20 mg 2 X daily which helped greatly and seen no problems in my colon and removed a couple of benign polyps and prescribed a daily OTC laxative which I do not take, because I don't want to become dependent on a laxative although he promised me that I wouldn't. I take an herbal pill called slippery elm every couple of days and it seems to help with the constipation which has improved some what after I stopped breast feeding 3 months ago. The gastro thinks I have lupus and told me to see my family doctor to be referred to a hematologist because of my mthfr. I seen an ENT doc for my throat and ears. He said I had post nasal drainage and fluid in my ears and attributed it to allergies and the full feeling in my throat was reflux. He told me to use Afrin (for 3 days), mucinex and another nasal spray and to pop my ears 10-12 times a day to help take fluid out of my ears. None of these things helped after a month of use. My lymph nodes are still quite large and it is sometimes uncomfortable to turn my head because of them. I have started getting dizzy if I move around quickly or pop my ears. I had also had some discomfort in the right side of upper abdomen and it went around to my back. I seen my family doctor. She tested thyroid, liver, CBC, BMP, the auto immune test ( I think they called it AA?) kidneys, checked for UTI, also had an ultra sound of gall bladder, liver, pancreas which only showed that I had a fatty liver and she told me diet and exercise would help this. The auto immune test was positive and I am supposed to see a rheumatologist tomorrow for lupus testing. I have started having major anxiety. I stay at home with my 2 year old and 9 month old babies and all I think about is what is wrong with me and why can't anyone fix me and is it cancer and are my babies going to grow up with out their mom? When I have the anxiety or whatever it is, I have chest pain and have trouble taking deep enough breaths. It's worse when the babies are fussy or misbehaving. My main concerns are the swollen lymph nodes and this fullness that I feel in my neck and head and ears and dizziness. For I have told 5 doctors of these problems and no one has mentioned my lymph node issue even once. I try to stay calm, because I know stress isn't good for anyone, but I have a hard time controlling my anxiousness. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
you really have a whole lot of problems.
Your main problems which I could find from your detailed history are as follows.
1. Problem in ear with swollen lymph node. The dizzines you are getting may be due to labrynthine involvement leading to vertigo. You need to take anti vertigo treatment. Swollen lymph node need to be biopsied or FNAC need to be done.
2. Auto immune test positivity meant you have an auto immune disease, probably lupus. This will be confirmed once you XXXXXXX your rheumatologist.
3. Skin problem having redness on face and painful lesion on palms.
Redness can again be due to lupus. The painful lesions can be an endogenous eczema called as pemphigus. You need to apply a topical steroid for this.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have history of PCOS. Having fertility issues. Having chest pain and breathing problems. Remedy? 2 hours later
So you don't think that ear tubes would help me even though I have a history of fluid in my ears and needing tubes as a child and the ENT confirmed that I now have fluid in my ears again as an adult? We have a problem with mold in our very old, very damp house......would this be a possible cause of swollen lymph nodes or would stress cause swollen lymph nodes? My problems began during a very high stress time which has continued for 6 months. What is a FNAC? I can't find anything about it online. And who would I need to see for a lymph node biopsy and FNAC?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes definitely tubes are going to help you as you have fluid in ear, but the reason for dizziness cannot be just fluid. There must be inner ear involvement. Probably another detailed ent examination is needed.
Dampness can be a cause of your persisting ear problem but not a cause of swollen lymph node.
FNAC is fine needle aspiration cytology. It is method an which a small amount of tissue will be taken out from your lymph node using a needle to see what exactly is happening.
It is done by physicians. Get this test done.
It is important for you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have history of PCOS. Having fertility issues. Having chest pain and breathing problems. Remedy? 16 hours later
Went to the rheumatologist today. I told her my entire history as I have told you. She is the only doctor out of 6 who actually felt of my swollen "lymph nodes" that I have kept complaining about. She said its not lymph nodes at all and that it is swollen glands under my jaw. She did not say a possible cause for this. She done a CT with and with out contrast just to check my lymph nodes I suppose. She knew about my positive "AA" auto immune test but said she does not think that I have lupus and done further blood testing for auto immune disorders but didn't request a follow up appointment and told me that she thought my problem was depression and anxiety (I took my 2 year old and 9 month old and they were not well behaved) I am guessing she based this on my teary, stressed out reaction to their bad behavior. My question is.... what causes the swollen glands under my jaw and pressure or fullness in my neck, ears and sometimes chest and what kind of doctor do I need to see to get help for these things?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Hello, XXXXX
Thanks for the follow up.
I feel good that atleast some body took care of your problem.
As an online consultant I have limitations as I cannot see you. The doctor might be right in saying that it is not lymph node but is a gland.
There are many glands on floor of mouth like sublingual submental etc.
Blockadge of duct of any of these glands can present as a swelling in neck.
The best person to XXXXXXX will be a dentist. They deal with glandular problem.
Hope you get an answer to your problem.
Wishing you all the best and hoping for the best.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor