Have a dengue fever. Is it safe to have sumo tablet?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: i have a dengue fever and i have use dolo tablet before but fever not down now i have took the sumo tablet and now fever is down, is it ok to took sumo tablet
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can take Sumo tablet. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic. Dengue fever is a viral fever and main treatment for it is basically addressing the symptoms as there is no specific treatment. But sometimes it gets complicated by bleeding resulting in dengue hemorrhagic fever. Hence aspirin and other drugs which prevent clotting should be avoided. Tablet Sumo contains Nimesulide and Paracetamol, you can take it no problem. Along with the medications to control fever and pain you need to take lot of fluids to prevent dehydration. And if you develop red spots in skin, bleeding gums ..... you need to consult your physician as these indicate dengue hemorrhagic fever which needs to be treated under physician supervision with repeated blood counts. Hope I have answered your query. With regards Dr Dadapeer K
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 11 hours later
Yesterday i have a bleeding gum and blood count 102 but today bleeding gum only one side blood count report is pending ..please advise
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dengue hemorrhagic fever needs to be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic. Thank you for the followup query. Since you have mentioned about bleeding gums and fever of 102, this requires evaluation by blood investigations like complete blood count, bleeding time, clotting time , platelet count and examination by physician to rule out dengue hemorrhagic fever. Since bleeding gum itself is a alarming sign in dengue fever do not ignore or delay in consulting physician for examination and treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. With regards Dr Dadapeer K