Is Amoxicillin effective at treating strep throat?
can take a few days
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The antibiotic would not start having an effect till day 2 in most cases, at that time, the effect would still be minimal but would continue to improve.
The swelling is part of the body's inflammatory response to the infection
You may want to consider the use of anti inflammatory medication such as naproxen, cataflam or ibuprofen. One of these should be able to reduce your discomfort
The use of topical meds such as chloroseptic spray or gargle or covonia throat spray or diflam or soluble aspirin , may also help as well
I hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does macrobid treat strep throat
- Does sulfamethoxazole treat strep throat
- Amoxicillin dosage for strep throat
- Will augmentin treat strep throat
- Effects of weed on strep throat
- Lingering effects of strep throat
- Strep throat amoxicillin dosage adults
- Does rocephin treat strep throat
- Amoxicillin 875 mg strep throat
- Strep throat treatment amoxicillin
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?