What does pain in the right shoulder indicate despite taking Aspirin?
Can be a muscular strain.
Thanks for posting your query.
Your symptoms can be due to heavy pushing or pulling. Strenuous exercises very often bring about muscular strains. Further activities can worsen this pain. I see such events very regularly at my clinic.
If you do not have problems during the movement of the affected shoulder, then I do not think you have caused a major injury. The need to visit the emergency room in such cases depends on the intensity of pain. If the pain is severe, say above 8 on a pain scale, then emergency room visit could be worth it.
If the pain is not such intense, you may consider waiting for few more days. Hot compress the affected part frequently. Avoid any activities involving the affected shoulder and definitely no physical exercises, pushing and pulling. Anti-inflammatory treatment like topical pain balms application and oral drugs like Advil (ibuprofen) 400mg twice a day after food will give added relief.
You can consult an orthopedic directly / through your local physician if the pain remains despite the above measures. X ray of the shoulder and cervical region are entailed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of taking aspirin
- Stomach pain after taking aspirin
- Lower abdomen pain after taking aspirin
- Aspirin for chest pains
- Left arm pain and jaw pain taking aspirin suggestions
- Chest pain aspirin dose
- Why aspirin for chest pain
- Aspirin and joint pain
- Aspirin dose for pain
- Aspirin for arthritis pain
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?