What Does My Ultrasound Scan Report Indicate?
For the last 3 weeks now I have been having lower groin pain that extends down to the upper right side of my testicles which seems to come and go. I have been to the doctor and have done 2 separate urine tests one of them was a repeat just be sure which both came up negative, I also had an ultrasound of my groin area too which was fine along with an exam of my testicles by the doctor. He thinks it's just a minor infection of the epididymitis and he said I could try antibiotics he prescribed be Augmentin Duo Forte 875mg twice daily, but I have yet to take them. I have a lot of stomach problems as well and every time I have antibiotics it makes it really bad which is why I don't really want to fix a minor problem and create even a worse one. With the fact that the urine tests came up negative would it be safe not to take the antibiotics unless it gets a lot worse? I'd really just rather avoid the negative side effects for me of nausea and bad acid reflux from taking the antibiotics. The pain seem to go away last week as well but it came back yesterday but at the same level i'd say it would be a 2-3/10 on the pain scale more so uncomfortable it was initially a lot more painful like a 5-6/10. I have been taking pandol which seems to really help even just having one seems to ease the pain down quite a lot.
Thank you in advance.Also just to add I am not sexually active as well and clean my genitals every day.The pain is also more a heavy ache might I add that feels like it is pushing down to my right testicle but still not that painful.
Minor infection or ligament stretch.can wait for antibiotics consumption.
Hello dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* This seems minor infection involving epididymis or testicle or just ligament stretch of groin .
* Recommendations at present
- As documented by urine tests and ultrasound , there is no major issue of internal pathology .
- As you are not comfortable with use of antibiotics and condition is not as such alarming , you can definitely wait at present for the use of antibiotics .
- Drink plenty of liquids .
- Wear loose , cotton inner wears .
- Avoid tight jeans or other clothing , weight lifting .
- Remain ambulatory .
- Have regular sound sleep .
Recommended to follow up after 24 hours regarding the pain and progress .
Hope this will help you .
Welcome for further assistance .
Wishing you fine recovery .
Seminal vesicles issue likely . Need doppler ultrasound examination .
Welcome , thanks for the details .
* This seems issue with seminal vesicles likely .
* Recommended to take Doppler ultrasound of the testis and related structures .
Hope this will help you for sure .
* There is no need to rush to the hospital at present , as the issue is not demanding
at present .
* Just calm yourself , follow previous advises and if more discomfort can take
ibuprofen or tylenol after meals .
* Advisable to avoid masturbation till then .
Can have antibiotic for best results .
* In our clinic we recommend antibiotic as cap.doxycyline ( 100 ) mg morning &
evening after meals for 7 days , but I think you will need prescription of your
doctor for the same .