Does hypothyroidism cause general weakness and anxiety?
Subclinical Hypothyroidism, the dose of Thyronorm to be reduced.
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the uploaded result of thyroid function tests which is suggestive of "Subclinical Hypothyroidism"
Treatment is usually initiated with 25 to 50 μg daily and raised by increments of 25 to 50 μg, according to TSH measurements at 6-8 weeks intervals.
Since you have developed the symptoms of weakness and anxiety which indicate that the dose of Thyronorm prescribed is slightly high. Hence it has to be reduced to 25 micro gram/day by your treating doctor and TSH level should be measured in 6 to 8 weeks.
The goal is to maintain the TSH level within normal limits; the dosage of levothyroxine should be increased if the TSH level remains above normal and should be decreased if the TSH level falls below normal.
Once the correct dosage of thyroxine is established, the frequency of TSH measurement may be decreased to every six to 12 months.
Hope this answers your query.
Should you need to ask, kindly send your follow up query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypothyroid causes farsightedness
- Anxiety causes
- Does anxiety cause weakness in legs
- Hypothyroidism causes
- Reason for anxiety depression and hypothyroidism cysts on ovaries
- What causes shaky handspalpitations and anxiety when suffering from hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism and anxiety
- Hypothyroidism and muscle weakness
- Muscle thigh weakness and hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroid caused by chantix