Is my pregnant wife's thyroid being 13.5 a cause of concern?

My wife is carrying and she is in her 9th week, after a blood test i was surprised that the thyroid of her is 13.54, in some web sites it is mentioned as for adults it is fine to have thyroid up to 14.00, here in india we are told that max thyroid should be up to 5. Please some one answer me which is correct? Is it normal that during pregnancy thyroid is more? By the way... she is taking a tablet called Thyronorm, i dont even know if it is fine having that every day is ok as she is pregnant...two days back she had under gone a test which says that her TSH level is 6.5, i have heard that brain development takes place for the baby in womb after 9th week, i even read that in the web site that the baby may get mentally retarded if thiroid is more...Doctor please help
Tue, 13 Dec 2016