Is antithyroid microsomal antibodies level of 91 a cause for concern?
Thanks for posting your query.
Microsomes are found inside thyroid cells. The body produces antibodies to microsomes when there has been damage to thyroid cells. The antithyroid microsomal antibody test measures these antibodies in the blood.
This test is done to confirm the cause of thyroid problems, including Hashimoto thyroiditis.
The test is also used to find out if an immune or autoimmune disorder is damaging the thyroid.
A positive test may be due to:
Important: A positive result does not always mean that you have a thyroid condition or that you need treatment for your thyroid. A positive result may mean that you have a higher chance of developing thyroid disease in the future.
Antithyroid microsomal antibodies may be seen in your blood if you have other autoimmune conditions, including:
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia
Autoimmune adrenal disease
Systemic lupus erythematosus
You may need an ultrasound, biopsy, and radioactive iodine test to narrow down your diagnosis. You’ll probably need blood testing every few months until your condition is under control.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Microsomal antibodies level precautions
- Normal microsomal antibody level
- Normal antithyroid antibody levels
- Antithyroid microsomal antibody pregnancy
- Antithyroid microsomal antibody range
- Normal levels for microsomal antithyroid antibody
- Anti tyroid microsomal antibodies levels
- Antithyroid microsomal antibody results
- Microsomal antibody levels
- Liverkidney microsomal antibody levels
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?