Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
192 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does my blood test report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Mirjeta Guni


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 2280 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
In a recent blood test, my moms TSH was recorded as 0.006 which may point to a thyroid disorder as we are told . What next tests and treatments she should go through for remedy?. She is 64 and her symptoms include tiredness , low energy and body pains etc.

Thanks in advance. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About hyperthyroidism;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your mother's health.
Low TSH is suggestive for hyperthyroidism or over active thyroid that explains the symptoms you described.
She should two other thyroid hormones ; Ft4 and Ft3, scintiscan of the thyroid gland and the treatment will consist in oral tablets for about 6 months ( carbimazole) than probably radioactive iodine as a definite treatment.
Hope i have been helpful.
Wish her good health.

Kind regards
Dr. Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later

Thank you Dr. Mirjeta for the quick reply. Is there a way you can prescribe the tests which I can take a print out and go to a local lab to get the tests done for Ft4 and Ft3 and post the results?. Not sure about scintiscan , may be I need to goto a medical facility to do it?

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She should see an endocrinologist:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,
She will need to be seen by a physician ( endocrinologist) , because she will take a prescription for the treatment after the results.
He will direct you before starting treatment, where to do the above exams.
Unfortunately we can not give prescriptions for examinations or treatment, virtually.
Will be a pleasure to help you further in the future.
Best wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Radioactive iodine

doctor1 MD

I recently got AMA - Anti Microsomal Antibody test done. The range was supposed to be 34 as Positive. My reading showed a Value of 91. The lab...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I took radioactive iodine yesterday. Can I do masturbation ?

doctor1 MD

Doctor, my husband is 49 yrs old, 4 yrs ago he was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid cancer, he underwent a neck dissection, the thyroid was removed...