What does my blood test report indicate?
In a recent blood test, my moms TSH was recorded as 0.006 which may point to a thyroid disorder as we are told . What next tests and treatments she should go through for remedy?. She is 64 and her symptoms include tiredness , low energy and body pains etc.
Thanks in advance. XXXXXXX
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern regarding to your mother's health.
Low TSH is suggestive for hyperthyroidism or over active thyroid that explains the symptoms you described.
She should two other thyroid hormones ; Ft4 and Ft3, scintiscan of the thyroid gland and the treatment will consist in oral tablets for about 6 months ( carbimazole) than probably radioactive iodine as a definite treatment.
Hope i have been helpful.
Wish her good health.
Thank you Dr. Mirjeta for the quick reply. Is there a way you can prescribe the tests which I can take a print out and go to a local lab to get the tests done for Ft4 and Ft3 and post the results?. Not sure about scintiscan , may be I need to goto a medical facility to do it?
She should see an endocrinologist:
She will need to be seen by a physician ( endocrinologist) , because she will take a prescription for the treatment after the results.
He will direct you before starting treatment, where to do the above exams.
Unfortunately we can not give prescriptions for examinations or treatment, virtually.
Will be a pleasure to help you further in the future.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What are the normal values in a blood test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Conducted blood test what does the report imply
- Done blood test what is the interpretation of this report
- What does my blood test report suggest
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- What does these blood tests indicate