Suggest treatment for throat infection

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Thank you. About three weeks
ago, I noticed a slight redness of skin at throat area. It waned and is now back on all over the front of my neck. The skin seems puffed and is very red. No small or large bumps on skin. My throat is mildly sore.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neck swelling

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Throat infection won't cause swelling in front of the neck. the neck swelling can be due to thyroid disease or some neck space infection or salivary gland swelling or a cyst.
The throat infection can be due to post nasal drip or tonsillitis or pharyngitis.
Please send me the picture of the throat and neck so that I can suggest you better.
Any fever?
Any difficulty in swallowing?
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 11 hours later
Thank you, Dr. Aggarwal. I have sent photo. XXXXXXX Runyon
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eczema

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the pictures mam.
I have seen the picture. You have a skin disease probably eczema. It can be as a result of allergic reaction also to a neck jewellery or a cosmetic.
My advice is you should get yourself examined by a dermatologist.
Avoid using any cosmetics.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 46 minutes later
Thank you! I'll do that.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eczema

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I hope my advice proves helpful to you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vishesh Rohatgi