Do TSH levels of 5.8 require Thyronorm?

Question
my tsh is 5.8 and t3 ,t4 are in normal range. please suggest the treatment. Should I take thyronorm? If yes, suggest the dosage. Three months back, I was diagnosed fibrostic breast disease and for that I am taking vitamin E 600MG per day.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No treatment needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi

The reports are normal and nothing to worry.
According to international guidelines, thyronorm should be started when TSH is above 10 or T3, T4 are below normal. In your case you can watch for any symptoms like tiredness, weight gain, constipation, etc. You can also regularly get your thyroid profile checked every 3-6 months.

Sometimes viral infections or autoimmune conditions can cause thyroid problems. As precautions you can eat hygienic food, cleaner drinking water, avoid polluted air, etc.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee