Can Tide pods cause shingles?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Not sure if I have shingles or an allergic reaction. I had a shingles shot. I have a blistery, itchy rash under each of by breasts.
I'm thinking it is from Tide Pods because my husband also has a similar rash behind his knees and on his thighs and we just switched detergents.
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlike shingles. Kindly provide images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
It is unlikely to be shingles because shingles is usually restricted to one side of the midline and moreover shingles is painful which is radiating / shooting in nature. Perhaps you have a fungal infection which is usually itchy and favors body folds. I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow-up: Can Tide pods cause shingles? 29 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. I'm glad you don't think it's shingles. There is no pain, just very itchy bumps. Have no idea how to "up load a picture" to you, so we'll just go from there.

Fungal infection is confusing to me since my husband and I are both having this problem and have no idea where we would both be exposed.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
You may upload images in "Reports Section" or you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line as Attention:Dr. Kakkar.
The infection may be acquired from an extraneous source - infected humans, animals, soil or clothing etc. In favorable conditions like sweating, heat, humidity that may prevail in body folds or in those with lowered immunity they may invade the human epidemis and cause itchy rashes.