Can Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline, Diphenhydramine and Hydroxytryptophan cause harm to liver and renal function?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hello dr im taking 20 mg temazepam 10mg diazapam 100 mg amatriptiline 25 mg hydroxyz atrex and 50 mg diphenhydramine 5 htp hydroxytryptophen 200 mg wood this have an impact on my renal fuction liver fuction cardio fuction take at nite 2 get some sleep ? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible side effects

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your questions and I understand your concerns however some of the medications you are following might have side effects such as :
Temazepam can lead to the side effect of cardiac palpitations and elevated liver enzymes
diazepam can cause the side effect of cardiac palpitations , hypotension and urine retention
amatriptilline can cause the side effect of urine retention and can rarely cause hepatitis
diphenhydramine can rarely cause liver dysfunction Also using diphenhydramine , diazepam and temazepam together can lead to the side effects of drowziness, confusion and difficulty concentration.
I hope you find this helpful .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 17 hours later
so taking all 6 meds at same time b 4bed wood b ok no inter action on my bodys fuction ? renal liver and cardo ? and taking meds 4 a long peardiod of time can by body get imune 2 meds ? need stronger mgs ?over time ?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again.. It is not recommended that you take all the medications together and it is recommended that you divide the medications through out the day.. It is also recommended that you follow up on your kidney functions tests including urea and creatinine and your liver functions tests including AST and ALT every 1-3 months .
Also tolerance to medications is variable from one person to another , it may not happen at all in some individuals while it can occur in others ..I hope you find this helpful
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng