What causes headaches and shortness of breath after taking Lisinopril?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
It seems that your blood pressure values have got down and new clinical symptoms have appeared.
Probable relative hypotension (considering your previous persistently high BP values) coupled with possible cardiac arrhythmia (you are experiencing irregular heart beats) may be the reason of your actual complaints.
Nevertheless, Lisinopril may be associated with headache and throat angioedema, but testosterone may also lead to venous (pulmonary) thromboelbolism especially in over-weighted individuals.
In addition, a contribution to your symptoms may appear also form a possible hypo-ventilation syndrome that is not rarely present to over-weighted individuals.
Coming to this point, I recommend you asking immediate medical assistance by first discussing with your prescribing doctor on possible adverse effects of your actual therapy.
In addition some medical tests should be performed as follows:
- resting ECG,
- cardiac ultrasound,
- chest X ray study,
- pulmonary function tests,
- complete blood count,
- PCR & ESR,
- fasting blood glucose,
- BNP or NT-proBNP
- arterial blood gas analysis,
- ambulatory ECG (Holter) monitoring (if suspicions of intermittent arrhythmia),
- blood testosterone levels
You should discuss with your cardiologist on the above mentioned issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headache after miscarriage
- What causes shortness of breath pain in chest and headaches
- What causes headaches in short bursts
- What causes headaches after taking lidocaine
- Can taking lisinopril cause infertility
- What causes skipping heart beats taking lisinopril for high bp
- What si the cause for headache after taking xanax
- What is the cause of headache after an abortion
- What causes headache after sneezing
- What is the cause of headache after taking abortion pills
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?