What causes confusion, memory loss, poor concentration, fatigue and dry mouth?

Excellent

Diabetologist
Question
I have been experiencing moderate confusion, short term memory loss, loss of focus/concentration, moderate numbness in fingers/toes, sudden strong heartbeat, continuous fatigue, extreme dry mouth, and sweating hands/feet.

Symptoms started 3 months ago with the last 2 weeks being the most severe.

Symptoms get about 20-30% better after eating.

I have tested my A1C level to check for blood sugar issues and it is at 5.9 - I will test again tomorrow.

I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP device during sleep.

I have not blacked out or fainted completely, but I feel very wrong.

I am obese at 245lb and 5'11" tall.

My question is: next time I feel the extreme fatigue/dizziness should I go to the emergency room? I am out of state until Dec 15th when I will be able to see my primary care doctor.
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you should go to ER.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

Obesity is the important cause for all those complications that you have mentioned.
Your symptoms of dizziness, tiredness, fatigue may be due to carbon di oxide retention which may be due to hypoventilation & sleep apnea.
During these symptoms one should go to ER for detailed physical examination, measurement of SPO2, if required ECG, arterial blood gas analysis.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Abhay Mali.