Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one with gynecomastia take for swelling over breasts and armpit soreness ?

i am a 45 yr old male with pre-existing gynecomastia since puberty it now is sore and swollen even more and i have soreness to the armpit/side of both pectorals.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Normally gynecomastia is not treated as it doesn't cause any problem and in most of the cases it resolves itself.But if enlargement is big then treatment is either medicines like TAMOXIFEN OR RALOXIFEN or surgical removal of breast tissue.Consult you surgeon for the possible treatment.
Answered: Tue, 14 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor