What causes sinus drainage, clogged nose, phlegm and dry or weepy eyes?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Symptoms continual sinus drainage, repeated blowing nose, coughing up phlegm , causing irritated throat, heat and pressure behind the eyes, constant dry to weepy eye and with heat behind and excessive mucus . Headaches and nausea. Strain on vocal chords. Talking like in puberty. Have history of pneumonia and early stages of copd. Am taking Allegra and Clarispray( 3 weeks) Additional meds include HIV meds and neurotin. Am current with pneumonia and flu vaccines. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of sinusitis is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
By your history and description, possibility of sinusitis is more likely.
Sinusitis is infection of paranasal sinuses.
So consult ENT doctor and get done x ray of paranasal sinuses.
If needed MRI of paranasal sinuses should also be done to confirm sinusitis.
You may need higher antibiotics like amoxicillin clavulinic acid or levofloxacin.
Do you steam inhalation and warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
Please let me know
1. Do you have fever?
2. Have you ever had Sinus infection?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana