What causes severe heel pain after taking Levofloxacin?
Dear sir, I have gone gone through your question and I understand your concerns but I would recommend that you discontinue using levofloxacin at once and refer to your doctor for a replacement perscription.. As it is common for levofloxacin to cause the side effect of tendonitis in 1-10% of patients using it. Tendonitis may be complicated by an Achilles' tendon rupture in about 1% of patients using it which is a serious side effect.. These side effects happen to be more frequent in patients above 60 years of age. I hope I answered your question .
Dear sir, hello again..I would recommend that you apply warm compresses three times daily together with application of an anti-inflammatory gel as voltaren gel after the warm compresses.. you can add an anti-inflammatory medication as declofenac once dailyfor one week.. but if the inflammation is very severe and did not resolve after one week you might need corticosteroid treatement.. I hope you find this helpful
You are welcome
You are most welcome,
It's been a pleasure helping you... If you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion and rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?