What causes severe heel pain after taking Levofloxacin?

Excellent

Question
i HAVE TAKEN Levofloxcin for 6 day and hve developed sever pain in the heal of my feet. Are these related and what can i do to relive this pain. The pharmacist dispensing the RX warned me that Plantar pain was a common side effect but that is not referenced in the literature. what can i take to relieve the pain andclear up this condition?
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discontiue please

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone gone through your question and I understand your concerns but I would recommend that you discontinue using levofloxacin at once and refer to your doctor for a replacement perscription.. As it is common for levofloxacin to cause the side effect of tendonitis in 1-10% of patients using it. Tendonitis may be complicated by an Achilles' tendon rupture in about 1% of patients using it which is a serious side effect.. These side effects happen to be more frequent in patients above 60 years of age. I hope I answered your question .

Follow-up: What causes severe heel pain after taking Levofloxacin? 14 minutes later
What can be done to cure or improve my condition

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti-inflammatory medication

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again..I would recommend that you apply warm compresses three times daily together with application of an anti-inflammatory gel as voltaren gel after the warm compresses.. you can add an anti-inflammatory medication as declofenac once dailyfor one week.. but if the inflammation is very severe and did not resolve after one week you might need corticosteroid treatement.. I hope you find this helpful

Follow-up: What causes severe heel pain after taking Levofloxacin? 19 hours later
thank you for your reply. It was very helpful, and much more to the point than my local geriatrician!

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome,

It's been a pleasure helping you... If you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion and rate the answer.