How to gain height after puberty?

hello sir, I m 21, male and am looking for height gain methods. I d like to ask is there no method to induce growth after puberty? I ve been searching the new for a while and there have been no efforts for research in this field. Could there be a solution to adult growth after puberty?
Wed, 26 May 2021
Dentist 's  Response

Well, Increase in height in an individual is determined by a number of factors like genetics, sex, nutrition, exercise, medical conditions etc. Age is also a defining factor that the height can increase further or not .In males height increases most rapidly in the puberty that is around the age of 14-15 years and males mostly attain their maximum height by this age or can increase a little more at a maximum of 18-19 years of age. In some males a very little increase in height can be seen till 21 years of age but you cannot expect dramatic change in height after puberty.

This occurs because in between the long bones there are growth plates that helps in increasing the height. Once they get fused, there is no further rise in height and it occurs after puberty although those who hit puberty later can have a little more time till the growth plates fuses. So as you are 21 already there are very slim to negligible chances of growing your height now.

Although you can follow certain ways by which you can look a bit taller like by maintaining good posture, regular exercise and stretching etc, but to keep in mind if the growth plates are fused all this will not help in increasing your height. You can also use shoes with heels or extension placed inside the shoes that can help you look taller.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora, Dentist