Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for pain, itching in the ear with light bleeding ?

hello Doc , i am having ear pain... and i normally have it in rainy seasons or whenever i go for swimming exercises...its raining here these days...and i was having itching too in my ear too,,so i used buds ...and i think the pain in my pinna increased after that.....i saw a blood spot too on bud top...i am using otogesic ear drop ...and now i am in a village of rajasthan so its hard for me to visit a ENT specialist
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  441
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to health care magic forum,

Ear pain with itching called external ottitis.

Rain may increase the chance otomycosis or fungal infection because of high humidity in environment.

sometimes wax may cause itching and pain too.

Using ear buds for itching may cause microtrauma . Subsequently it causes pain.

In my opinion don't put any ear buds anymore.

Put otogesic drops 2 drops 3 times daily and take a milder antibiotic like azithromycin 500 mg once daily for 3 days.

Take an noninflammatory drugs like Lyser - D 1 tab 3 times daily for 2 days along with antireflux agent if you have hyperacidity.

Avoid head bath.

Wait for 3 to 4 days and if no relief than see an ENT specialist for proper evaluation.


Answered: Mon, 23 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vijay Immaneni's  Response
As you are clearly mentioning damp conditions the pain in the ear could be because of any otitis media or externa. i would suggest you some combination of antibiotic along with antifungal and analgesic ,u can use otocin-o ear drops 2 drops thrice daily and close the ear with cotton. u can have an nsaid if not contraindicated to u ( if copd and apd do not use) tab zerodol-p twice daily after food.hope this solves ur issue unless u attend some ent doctor for an examination
Answered: Mon, 23 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor