Does returning ear pressure and pain need immediate medical attention?

I had a sudden onset otitis media infection a month ago. My tympanum burst and has been healing for a month. I did the full course of Augmenten, and used Cipro eardrops after it burst. this morning I feel a signifcant increase in pressure in my ear and the pain, which left after the tympanum burst, is returning. Should I go to the ER and request to see the on call ENT?
Wed, 19 May 2021
Otolaryngologist / ENT Specialist 's  Response

First, thank you for sharing the details which is helpful to asses and guide you. With your symptoms, it is evident that your tympanic membrane (Ear Drum) was healed and since the disease is coming back it is causing the symptoms of acute otitis media.

You can start the following treatment:
Antibiotic like Augmentin 1gm 1+1 again for 5 days
Cipro ear Drops twice a day
Xylometazoline nasal spray in the nose 2 puffs twice a day
Tab Kestin 10 mg once a day
Steam inhalation (inhale through nose and exhale from mouth with some Vicks in the water) for 5 days

If symptoms doesn't improve in 48 hours then feel free to visit your local ENT surgeon. If the pus starts coming out of ear, please avoid entry of water in the ear for a minimum of 2 weeks. Hope you feel better soon. Feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Omair Choudhry, Otolaryngologist / ENT Specialist