question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe congestion and fluid discharge in the ear

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018
Question: Sir, this is to inform that I have been operated my both ears and had been inserted grommet in the month of march 2017 following cold and cough and air travel.
After that I reviewed in the month of May and the improvement was satisfactory.
Recently I have experienced some congestion in my right ear and some fluid is coming through my ear. I have contacted my doctor over mail but I have got no response from him.
So I am bound to contact for urgent advice.
I have go out of station on 21st and will have undergo air travel.
Whether this is normal incident. Am I have to take any additional ear/ nasal drop in the form of antibiotic. Pls advice urgently.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Otitis media

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to health care Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Discharge from the ear indicates you have developed ear infection. It would be better to get the ear examined. If it is not possible at the moment, use antibiotic ear drops and keep the ear dry. Take a combination of levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily.
If you have any nasal congestion put xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day and take steam inhalation.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist