Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe congestion and fluid discharge in the ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1359 Questions
Sir, this is to inform that I have been operated my both ears and had been inserted grommet in the month of march 2017 following cold and cough and air travel.
After that I reviewed in the month of May and the improvement was satisfactory.
Recently I have experienced some congestion in my right ear and some fluid is coming through my ear. I have contacted my doctor over mail but I have got no response from him.
So I am bound to contact for urgent advice.
I have go out of station on 21st and will have undergo air travel.
Whether this is normal incident. Am I have to take any additional ear/ nasal drop in the form of antibiotic. Pls advice urgently.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis media

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Discharge from the ear indicates you have developed ear infection. It would be better to get the ear examined. If it is not possible at the moment, use antibiotic ear drops and keep the ear dry. Take a combination of levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily.
If you have any nasal congestion put xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day and take steam inhalation.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Take care
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor