What can be the reason for raised rash between the butt cheeks?

I m a 32year male, generally healthy. Literally over a night or two, I have developed a red, raised rash on the skin between my butt cheeks. I originally thought it was haemorrhoids and so tried zinc oxide and lidocaine cream, after bathing them in salt water, but felt it started to spread further onto the cheek and up towards my scrotum. I therefore thought it could be fungal nappy rash (due to sweating and hot weather) and so bought clotrimazole 2%, which I have ude for 2 days now, but to little improvement. Any thoughts please? Thank you!
Mon, 3 Sep 2018