What causes pain and swelling in the anterior portion of the upper arms?
Cancer usually is painless and on one side only.
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
To recapitulate: Female/70 - thinking of cancer - pain and swelling under both upper arms.
First of all cancers are usually painless to start with.
Since you have pain and swelling that too on both the sides, it is unlikely to be cancer. This is usually due to infective pathology.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Since when is the problem?
Is the pain and swelling in armpits/axillae?
Any swelling in breasts?
Any infective focus in upper limbs?
Any other information please.
As detailed below.
Thanks for your feedback.
I would advise you the following in such a situation.
Get an ultrasonography of the affected area and if the swelling is present in the form of any lump, get an FNAC that is fine needle aspiration cytology done.
Numbness of the arm may be due to cervical spondiitis or so.
Please give details about the investigations once done.
Please post the photos of the swollen area if possible as this helps in diagnosis in some cases.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes the anterior wall of the bladder to be thickened?
- Causes of anterior knee pain
- What causes severe pain in anterior and lateral of thigh
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- What causes upper back pain
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What causes upper arm pain
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- Upper left arm pain causes
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis