Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online


Please Docter, i tested positive to Hepatitis B a year ago but i am not sick in any way. I left for school last year and it was the school s requirement that i present a medical report about myself and this report was to be conducted by the school itself. After their test i was not given any feedback on my health until last two month tha the school s Docter told us in an open forum that some of us had Hepatitis B but that we can not transmit it to anyone. My question is how did i then get infected, What are my chances,what is the way forward and lastly how dangeriouse is tis to my health. Am 28years old with a pregnant wife who is negative. Am also a male. I have not had any treatement
Asked On : Tue, 2 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  639
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
He'll.Welcome to HCM forum.HEPATITIS -B is a serios and devastating health issue in INDIA.There are 45 million cases in INDIA and are ranked after china.chronic HBV infection - 4% of population.It is a serious issue in sense of economics,infectivity,cirrhosis and cancer.3/4 of HBV in India is through mother baby transmission.Natural history of HEP-b depends upon the host immune response.Vigorous immune response results in acute hepatitis(ALT more than 400) and it results in either death or in 95% cases recovery.5% cases become carrier,cirrhotics,cancer etc. Get yourself investigated for LFT's,ultrasound abdomen and HBV- DNA.If ALT raised then get a liver fibroscan or biopsy done.Treatment available is in form of viral suppressive like ENTECAVIR,TENOFOVVIR AND TELMIVUDINE and IMMUNOMODULATORS like PEG- IFN. BE in touch with your Gastroenterologist for the guidance and treatment.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Wed, 1 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, if someone once get infected with Hepetitis B then remain life long. if it is in inactive form then you should do nothing , in case of active or symptomaic form you should take antiviral or immunoglobins, otherwise not. its vertical transmissin occur through mother to baby , not through father to baby, n it is not STD , so do not you worry.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to HCM.hepatitis is an infection caused by hepatitis virus.its not an STD so need not worry about your wife and it can transmited by vertical transmission that is from mother to fetus. you consult your physician for proper treatment seperation is not a treatment for this.vaccines are also available to prevent get infected by hepatitis infection.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor