Is discovery of Hepatitis C post autopsy ethical?

Question
GOOD EVENING, Hi Doc
If a person has hep C discovered only AFTER an autopsy was done and donor kidneys were taken ... is this an ethical thing? I mean would they not have tested BEFORE the organ transplant people came on the scene. Just asking your thoughts.
I think it would have been routine to test for Hep C beforehand. Am I wrong?
2. My kid has horrible sinus issue and has been told the sinus procedure would help. Have you had any experience with this?
Thank You. JE
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further details of the sinus issues is needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Hepatitis C is supposed to be detected during the screening for organ donation. However, in case the prospective donor had acquired hepatitis C after the screening was completed, it is possible to miss and in that case the discovery may occur only after autopsy.

Coming to the sinus issue, I would need elaboration. Please mention the age of your child and also details of the procedure that has been suggested. Steam inhalation can help. Water vapor in the form of steam can reach deep inside and can help in unclogging the sinuses by diluting the thick mucus.

Let me know if I could help further.