What does my liver function test report indicate?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Hi Doctor, I am xxxxxxx XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX Age 38 years.
Last month i have got my LFT done where SGPT was 132 and SGOT was 82 because i consume liquor on a regular basis thats why got those test done; but all of sudden i realized that last week i start feeling fatigue. When doctor did this LFT SGPT was 1700 and SGOT was 1400. we got all the hepatitis check done but all the hepatitis virus A,B, C and E were negative. (Only C is showing the value of 2.82 but written N) What could be the reason of sudden elevation. need your help to understand
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to autoimmune hepatitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The reports suggest that the liver enzymes are raised. It could be due to acute liver injury as an effect of alcohol. It could also be due to autoimmune hepatitis wherein the viral markers would be negative. You need not worry about hepatitis C.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana