What does my liver function test report indicate?
Last month i have got my LFT done where SGPT was 132 and SGOT was 82 because i consume liquor on a regular basis thats why got those test done; but all of sudden i realized that last week i start feeling fatigue. When doctor did this LFT SGPT was 1700 and SGOT was 1400. we got all the hepatitis check done but all the hepatitis virus A,B, C and E were negative. (Only C is showing the value of 2.82 but written N) What could be the reason of sudden elevation. need your help to understand
Could be due to autoimmune hepatitis
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The reports suggest that the liver enzymes are raised. It could be due to acute liver injury as an effect of alcohol. It could also be due to autoimmune hepatitis wherein the viral markers would be negative. You need not worry about hepatitis C.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Liver function test done is the report normal
- What comprises liver function tests
- What does the scan report and liver function test indicate
- Enlarged liver with normal liver function test
- What does the following liver functioning test report mean
- What does these liver test reports indicate
- What does my liver function test indicate
- Are the liver function and diabetes tests report normal
- Liver function test done what does the report indicate
- What is ggtp in liver function test