Suggest medication for persistent sore throat and knee pain?

Hello! I ve had a persistent cough over the last few months. At first My doctor believed it was allergy related and i was perscribed 3 different medicines for it. I quit taking these medicines after a few weeks because they weren t working. I have trouble breathing and it hurts to take a deep breath sometimes. The mucus that i ve been coughing up is usually a thick yellow green and can range from thick to thin. I ve also been experiencing a sore throat and a few mouth sores and knee pain. I m 17 and sure the knee pain couldn t be arthritis, could these two symptoms be related? Could I have cancer? I used to smoke and have been living with heavy second hand smoke for a year and a half.
Fri, 2 May 2014
Hello, Gentleman .
Cough from last few months with mucus ( phlegm or expectoration ) and history of smoking are all an indication of asthmatic allergic bronchitis ( as you mentioned that there is breathlessness ) .
As you mentioned that yellow color mucus also present so all these symptoms may be due to , these includes.
1 Asthmatic allergic bronchitis as I mentioned above , clinical history and [physical examination will find out this thing.
2 Bronchiectasis is the another most common cause of these symptoms , so get in blood for C B C , E SR & X ray chest .
3 Tuberculosis is the another most common cause so get in X RAY chest and blood examination for C B C and E S R, SPUTUM FOR A F B.
As far as concerned about pain in the knee joint , that is a different thing and for this consult an orthopedic surgeon and get his opinion.
For cough and congestion consult a physician and get his opinion.
Avoid hay , dust , mite , SMOKING , fine dusting powder, mold , pollen as these are predisposing factor for allergy and cough.
Good luck.