Is lingering cough due to post nasal drip after an episode of strep infection?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 25 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was treated for strep about a month ago. Still have lingering cough. Not bad, but still there. Could this be due to post nasal drip?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes it can be

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query..

The cough after an episode of a sore throat can be due to post nasal drip or throat dryness caused by decongestants.

You should take steam inhalation and do gargles.
This will help to relieve symptoms

Any further questions are always welcome.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 20 minutes later
Should I be concerned? I have read that sometimes it can take up to 8 weeks for cough to go away. True?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic cough

Detailed Answer:
Hi
There is nothing to be worried about.
If the cough persists for more than a month than it must be investigated.
Follow the prescription as advised. You will definitely be benefited.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D