• question-icon

Is Sore throat and knee pain co-related?

Good day Doctor, I gym (weights) a lot. Have pain in knees especially the left. I also have a sore throat for over a week.My GP has prescribed penicillin, starting yesterday. 1) Is there any correlation between the knee pain and sore throat? 2) Can I continue gym whilst on antibiotics?
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
Dentist 's  Response

I can understand your concern. It is a co-incidence that you developed sore throat while you were having pain in your knee. There seems to be no relation between the two.

The knee pain is due to exercise while the sore throat is most probably due to bacterial infection. Thus, the two has no causative or treating factor in common.

In addition, you can continue to exercise while on antibiotics if you are feeling fit to do various exercises. There is no contraindication to work out while having sore throat or antibiotics to treat it.

I hope this information helps you. Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic. I wish you feel better soon.

Best,
Dr. Viraj Shah