Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffer from crying spells and suicidal thoughts while under stress. Any suggestions?

Good evening doctor. At times of great pressure, I find myself immersed in a long long state of crying, sobbing and collapse in silence. I stay like this for hours, and at times I feel that my limbs are numb and I can hardly move afterwards. It's as if I am under the influence of a drug, powerless and idle. It is also accompanied by suicidal thoughts but they were never translated in to action because I think suicide is a kind of weakness. I wonder if this state has an negative effects on my physical/mental health......Thanks in advance
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Your symptoms are related to depression. There is no need to loose hope, as very good treatment available for depression. Also ventilate your feelings to some of your close friend or family member.
As you are having suicidal ideas then it is better to seek help today itself.

For long term treatment of depression following measures are helpful: relaxation exercise, medicines like SSRIs and non drug treatment like CBT. It is better to get evaluated by psychiatrist and start treatment accordingly.

But keep regular follow up with your doctor as medicine may need alteration in number and doses according to treatment response and side effects.

Same time do some relaxation exercise like daily brisk walk, yoga and breathing exercise, which will help you in fast recovery.

Wish you all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. On reviewing your history, it appears to me that you suffer from depressive disorder that is characterised by crying spells and emotional numbness. Hence, i suggest that you meet a psychiatrist for a thorough psychiatric evaluation. The treatment would consist of:
1. Antidepressant medication like SSRIs
2. Psychotherapy techniques like CBT/Cognitive behavioural therapy
Yoga/meditation/breathing relaxation exercises might also benefit you. It is better you start treatment at the earliest by contacting a psychiatrist. Wish you early recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

You have problems of crying spells, decreased interaction, weakness and numbness in limbs whenever you face any pressure or stressful situation. This may occur in any healthy individual but if it is occurring in severity and as you have mentioned that it is associated with suicidal thoughts so it should not be ignored. I would advise you to consult a Psychiatrist for opinion. Suicidal thoughts or intention is a serious thing and it may be a sign of depressive episode. Treatment in form of Cognitive Therapy and Medicines is available.

Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor