Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in lower back when applying pressure, on walking. How to reduce pain?

Hi i am a female in the early twenties and I suddenly have this acute pain in my lower back near the spinal area at waist just above the tail bone area. I have not had any history for back problems so this is very sudden. I can t actually walk with the pain and it feels like whenever I actively apply any pressure or squeeze the muscles in the area especially when walking,the pain gets really bad.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for being with HCM.

Sudden Onset of back pain In 20 years female could be due to
1- Coccydynia
2- Just a muscular back pain
3- Mechanical back pain
4- Vit-D deficiency
5- Prolapse intervertebral disc (less like in your case) in that generally patient has radiating pain in lower limb/s
Due you have any sudden jerky movement while jimmying or have suddenly lift any heavy things?
I would suggest to take an opinion of an Orthopedician for better clinical correlation and
to get a X-ray sacrococcyx region and Vit-D levels.

For pain relief you can apply hot fomentation and nise gel locally and mild anti inflammatory like Aceclofenac and paracetamol.

For more queries you can write to us.

Wish you good health.
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta's  Response
the sudden onset of low back ache in yours case may be due to nerve compression,,cause disc prolapseplease do rest on hard bed. take vit D3 sachets ,muscle relaxant, local diathermy, pain killers& b1b6b12 tabs. spinal extention exercises will help u. meditation & yoga , morning & evening walk is good for u. see ortho dr there.avoid forwerd bending .
dr s k gupta
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor