What causes brown vaginal spotting after menstrual cycle?
some spotting can be normally present.
looks like a bacterial infection. use a betadine(povidone iodine) pessary for insertion in vagina for antiseptic action. if the discharge is more and is foul smelling or fishy in smell, you will have to use appropriate antibiotics for the same.
hope this helps. kindly hit thanks
Could be due to a bacterial infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I would need to ask you a couple of things. Firstly, I need to enquire about how regular your periods are and whether you get pain during the periods. The second thing is whether you are on any medication like birth control pills. I will let you know about the possibilities based on your inputs.
Hormonal imbalances could lead to mid cycle discharge. However, if foul smell is associated, there is high likelihood of a bacterial infection being present. In such a case you would possibly need to be treated with antibiotics like doxycycline.
I will await your response.
Thanks for clarifying. In such a case, the prime suspicion would be in favor of a bacterial infection. Treatment with antibiotics like doxycycline would possibly be necessary. However, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor before deciding on the treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting during the menstrual cycle
- What causes irregular menstrual cycles
- What causes headaches during menstrual cycle
- What is the cause of breathlessness during menstrual cycles
- What causes fast heartbeat during menstrual cycle
- What causes abnormal menstrual cycles
- What causes menstrual cycle changes
- What causes orange blood in menstrual cycle
- What causes spotting after the menstrual cycle
- What causes menstrual cycle headaches