What causes severe lower back pain after menstrual cycle?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days.
And have to take painkillers.Its very debiliating.The feeling is like something in stuck inside which is unable to come out.My lower portion gets inflammed.I do not have uterine firbroids.But have a istory of IBS and endometriosis.It goes no its own after few days.
But it occurs only after my menstruation clears.Not during the period.I have shown neurosurgeon ,gynae,general medicine everyone.but nobody gave me the exact reason
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IT COULD BE DUE TO ENDOMETRIOSIS

Detailed Answer:
HI
GREETINGS
From the history it looks like you are having endometriosis and your pain is due to it especially during periods.
Is there and cysts in ovary.?
The pain depends on the severity of endometriosis.
If you are not trying for pregnancy ,can be on low dose oc pills which will reduce the pain. If there are ovarian cysts and planning for pregnancy ,laparoscopic removal can be done .

HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU
Greetings
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 2 hours later
I have never taken OC pills.please advise what OCP to take and when?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
OC pills

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It depends on YOUR decision about pregnancy.If you are not planning for pregnancy symptoms can be reduced by taking oral contraceptive pills.
But if you are going ahead with pregnancy it is better to investigate with a scan and consultation with INFERTILITY SPECIALIST..
HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU
Greetings
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D