Pain and swelling in the vagina. Tested positive for strep. Is it a viral infection?

Hi. My daughter is 8 years old and we recently found out that she has ulcers inside her vagina , along the vaginal walls, she also has swelling that you can t even see inside the hole , it s blocked. She has been in pain for over 4 weeks, she can t even touch to wipe herself as she is also raw at the opening. We were told she tested positive for Strep , so she had to take antibiotics 2x a day for 10 days. We have also done fungal treatments creams and a pill for adults you only take once(can t remember what is was called) and nothing has helped her. The doctor has taken 3 Extreamly painful swabs and she is testing neg for everything else. She said if it s viral she will have to call in the big guns , what does that mean, what could this be?
Mon, 22 Jul 2013